How to Balance FIT and School

If you’re reading this you more than likely take Precollege classes at FIT, or are considering it. With this, we all have one thing in common (other than the obvious), which is that we have to go to high school five days a week as well. As we all know, high school is not a breeze and is extremely stressful most of the time. After being in Precollege classes for three semesters and having experienced the hassle of completing a report for FIT due on Saturday and trying to study for the 2 tests, a quiz and powerpoint due for regular school on Friday, it can be alot. So, here are the things I do to try to balance the two:

• Set a day during the week to dedicate your time to do FIT work, for me, I choose Fridays. I just feel like Friday is a good day because I don’t have to worry about high school work since I have all weekend to do it. Just don’t leave all your work for one Friday! Span it over a few Fridays,
  • Use your class time. If you’re falling a little behind on, say, your mood board, then maybe consider staying back on your 20 min break to catch up. Sacrifices. Sacrifices.
  • Have fun while you’re doing your work for FIT! You’re at FIT for a reason, and you probably like what you’re doing so in the end, work shouldn’t seem like work!

Hopefully those tips helped! I know I will be using my own tips with two different projects due in two weeks for both my FIT classes. This week in my merchandising class we went down to the library and got a look at the Vogues and Harper Bazaars from as late as the 1900’s for our decades project. I have to say, they were pretty cool to look at.

My professor even extended our project due date a week so that we have another week to look at the archives again because we didn’t have enough time to get through all the ones we wanted! I’ll be sure to share my projects with you guys when I’m done.

Fashionably Truly,

Michaela