I saw you on that cobblestone street, I whispered “Farewell.”

I asked one student who told me she lived in France,“Why come all the way over here to take classes at FiT?”
“I’ll do anything I can to be surrounded by fashion, and you can’t take classes like these anywhere else” she said.

That’s dedication, and a lot of the students here really love what they do, they love fashion. That was kinda inspiring, considering I LOVE clothes and fashion and clothes and clashion (clothing and fashion together  in one word :D).  I, myself, am also considering whether or not I want to go into the enormous fashion field.

Parting from FiT will indeed be such sweet sorrow, the photography, the weird looks when you run up to a student like “Hey, wanna take a picture?,” the crazy stares just because I’m that beautiful, walking into Room D130 and randomly voguing, prowling the office for more packs of sugar when I’m trying to get my morning cup of tea “just right,” sitting at my station editing tons of faces of students – it will all be missed dearly.

Today is my last day here at FiT, and I’d like to thank everyone for a great experience. Special Shoutouts (you know I had to :p) to Mr.Brian Edwards for being my photography mentor, and explaining to me his love of clowns, Marta for sharing with me the basics of the Polish language, Michele Nagel for being an awesome and scary head honcho, Paige for our mutual love of the 80’s and Zebra Pants, Kareen for that awesome Wall Street Journal Jacket I’ll be sporting this fall, Carissa for those lovely Asian gummies she blessed me with, Eddie for loving food as much as I do, Andrea for being my front office buddy (hope your vacation is quite dandy), Krystle for our mutual love of vintage clothing (Beacon’s Closet here I come), Camille for understanding my Puerto Rican heritage (:p), Eduardo for his cool bags ^.^, and Rada for her lovely sweaters. A special shoutout to my crazy coworker Maria ^.X, good luck with the band; we’re going back to 505!

Hmph, I think that’s everything. Love you FiT, we shall meet again someday. Couldn’t have asked for a better summer this year.

See you around readers!

Best wishes,

Ezekiel D.

PS: Buffalo Exchange, Reminiscence, and just about every other thrift/vintage in the Chelsea area, I may no longer be there to shop every day anymore, but I’ll be back :’)