Introducing New Precollege Blogger – Jennifer

Hello everyone! My name is Jennifer  and I’m a 16 year old girl from Randolph, New Jersey. I am so excited to be back at FIT for my second Precollege course. In the fall I took HFS 180: Fabric Styling for Fashion and it was so much fun. I learned a lot about layout, organization and presenting, and made a lot of friends who had similar interests to me. In the class we designed a celebrity style board, a personal board, a home decor board, and (my favorite) a photo shoot board. I enjoyed the experience so much that I decided to sign up for another class, HFM 060: Fashion Forecasting: Seeing into the Future this Spring. I love watching runway shows online and reading magazines to discover new trends, so I think I will find this class to be very interesting!

Taking classes at FIT has inspired me so much and given me more direction on what I want to do after high school: Fashion Merchandising. Taking a Precollege class even helped me in ways that I wasn’t expecting. I’m a Jersey girl and not too long ago I was afraid of getting lost in the city. At first I didn’t want to take the train in by myself; now I have so much confidence! Being in a college environment has made me really excited to see what my future holds. Fashion has always been a passion of mine and having a career in the fashion world is definitely my dream. I hope you guys enjoy reading my post and I would love to encourage you all to take advantage of the wonderful Precollege Programs FIT offers. Thanks for reading!

Jennifer