Goodbye for Now!

The time has come to say goodbye! I have had an amazing experience this semester, not only in my

Professor Uvennio and I on the last day

class, but also blogging and sharing my experience. My last day of class was terrific, although bittersweet, I had lots of fun, and I really enjoyed seeing everyone’s work, it was fantastic! But of course I was sad that it was the end!

I have learned so much about tons of different designers, and my drawing skills have really developed, as well. I have gained an overall broader understanding of fashion design. Also, I have created a design journal and a designer board, I am very proud of all of my work. I will really miss the class, especially my professor and all of the people that I got to meet this semester. I will really miss the whole experience in general.

I will definitely be back at FIT in the fall for another precollege course. I’m still deciding which to take though, so many of them sound amazing! I am considering taking The Ins and Outs of Fashion Merchandizing, Introduction to the Fashion Design Industry, or maybe Jewelry Design. I’m going to have a tough time making my decision!

The best advice I can give is to always go after what you want. I have learned that you can achieve any of your dreams if you work hard enough. That’s what got me here, a sophomore in high school attending FIT and blogging for the program! I would never be here if I hadn’t chased after my dreams. I know that one day I will be able to achieve all of my goals in the fashion industry by working hard. And always remember to be yourself, copying others won’t get you anywhere, I love originality. FIT’s Precollege Program is beyond incredible, I strongly recommend it to anyone interested in the world of fashion and art, I promise you will not be disappointed. I always look forward to coming to FIT for classes, over the past year that I have been a student, I have grown so much in each class, especially in this one. I can’t thank my professor as well as the other staff at FIT enough for making it such a great place to be.

Don’t think of this as goodbye, I hope to see you all soon enough at FIT!! 🙂

Yours in Fashion,

Justine