Instructor Spotlight: Jacqueline Gussin

Jackie Gussin is a graduate of the FIT Textile Development and Marketing Program. During her time at FIT, she interned in buying and merchandising programs. Post graduation, Jackie became the Studio Services Coordinator at Barneys New York followed by a transition into the Saks Fifth Avenue Marketing Team where her responsibilities in the manager role encompass a mix of merchandising, management, operations and styling. With over a decade of experience in the fashion industry she offers insight into the jobs in the fashion merchandising industry focusing on client service excellence, goals achievement, versatility and financial impact.

Teaching Philosophy: 
Through the course I want to give the students an idea of what to prepare for in the competitive job market. I want them to take away problem solving techniques, presentation and networking skills, and efficiency strategies. I strive to create a course where students can foster a passion for the fashion industry to become a “lifelong learner” while  hopefully creating industry connections, grow their community for opportunities in the future. Through lecture, discussion, demonstrations, and presentations I promote an active learning space. 

Tags: