Instructor Spotlight: Suzanne Piazza

Suzanne Piazza’s career started in fashion buying and later shifted into product development and fashion direction. Some of the companies she has worked for are JCrew, JC Penney, and Lord & Taylor. Suzanne is a graduate of the FIT Fashion Business Program, and started teaching at FIT in 1978. She teaches a variety of classes in the Fashion Business Management department, where she has worked for over 35 years.

Suzanne Piazza teaches:
HFM 060 Fashion Forecasting: Seeing into the Future
HFM 064 The Ins & Outs of Fashion Merchandising
Summer Session     Fall Session     Spring Session

Teaching Philosophy:
I challenge my students to start thinking about a position or company they might really want to work for one day. I explain how each one of us is different and unique and it is very important to find a career doing something you really love. I share clear insight and examples from the industry and have students engage in projects that they can use in the real world. I spend a lot of time getting to know my students and encourage them to ask questions and email me at FIT in the future if they need help or guidance. Several of my past Sat Live students are now in my college classes.

Industry Experience:
  • Fashion Director, Product Developer and Buyer at JC Penney
  • Fashion Director at JCrew
  • Women’s Department Manager at Lord & Taylor