Instructor Spotlight: Kiril Hristov

Kiril Hristov is an artist and illustrator whose work has been featured in galleries around the world. He was born in Sofia, Bulgaria and developed an interest in film and art at an early age. He was accepted to The National School of Fine Arts, where he completed rigorous training and improved his technique. He continued his education at the Academy of Fine Arts. Since then, Hristov takes part in shows and individual exhibitions in Bulgaria, Greece, Algeria, Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Germany, Russia, and the United States. He has a Ph.D. in Fine Art.

Portfolio:
https://www.behance.net/hristov_k
https://kirilhristov.myportfolio.com/
Instagram: @kirilhristov_art

Kiril Teaches the following FIT Precollege Classes:
HAR 016 Creating the Fashion Figure

Teaching Philosophy:
My goal is to help my students think creatively and experiment with a variety of styles and methodologies that help them discover their artistic selves. I want my students to be inspired by art history and artistic traditions, as well as by nature and contemporary events. My students search for connections between music, theatre, cinema, literature, architecture, and other mediums of expression. My teaching method is based on the classical principles of drawing as well as contemporary trends.

I believe that it is important to nurture students as individuals by showing them a variety of techniques. I help my students channel their talent and passion into an artistic product that demonstrates a rich art vocabulary.

Multiple demonstrations, repetitions, and collaborations are essential to my teaching practice. I always make sure that my students are informed about what is going on around them in the artistic, political, and social sense so that they are conscious of the outside world that they bring into their work.

Industry Experience/Recent Exhibitions:
Exhibition: Train Station for two- Fashion Illustration, Norwalk CT 2018
Solo Show: “Temporal Static” 151 Gallery, San Francisco 2017
Solo Show: “Selection of Drawings” Felt Factory, San Fransisco
“Work in Progress”, Sofia, Bulgaria 2016
Solo Show: Art 36 Gallery, Sofia, Bulgaria 2015
Solo Show: “Run Away,” Norwalk, Connecticut 2014

Artwork by Kiril Hristov: