Caroline has over 10 years of industry experience in Fashion Design and Costume Design. She is a graduate of FIT. Her work as a designer and creative consultant has allowed her to travel to places such as China and Europe.
Caroline Berti Teaches:
HSX 098: Wearable Technology: Fashion Meets Function
Experimentation and learning are one and the same, and they both happen when you are creating. Each person has their own unique way of seeing things; as a professor, I try to provide students with the tools and foundation to bring that perspective to life through experimenting and being creative.
Experience and Work:
- Designed for companies such as Victoria’s Secret Direct, Victoria’s Secret Pink, Warnaco, Richard Leeds, Karen Sabag, and private lines for Macy’s, Qvc, Belk.
- Worked for some of the largest Costume companies in the U.S (Spirit, Rubies, Escante, Walmart) in addition to costume design in both film and theatre.
- Special Projects include illustrations for an animated pilot for MTV Producer, and stop motion animation with Charged Productions.
- Designing & Creative consulting for fashion technology projects with ‘INFOR LAB’ for companies such as PVH, Calvin Klein, Neue, and the Swedish Fashion Council.
- Has also assisted in connecting FIT with technology makers such as SparkFun.