Introducing Precollege Blogger: Isabella

My name is Isabella Basile. I am from the garden state of New Jersey. I attend Marlboro High School. During the past three years in high school I’ve been taking fashion classes and next year I will be in a honors fashion class. I am taking my first FIT Precollege course this spring, which has been my dream college since elementary school. I am enrolled in, HAR 016 55A Creating a Fashion Figure. This July I will be attending more courses.

My passions are diverse. I love to design clothes and I get my inspirations from my travels. I like to make my designs a reality by sewing. Every time I’m at a destination I get inspired by the culture, people, and landscape. Whether it be from a tropical beach, magical city or seeing the land below me as I fly above the mountains. This all plays a major role in my vision.

I have a blog that I started last year. It’s been a lot of fun. I’ve been posted on many social media accounts. This is very exciting to me because it gets my name out for people to see who I am and what I am about. I’ve also been personally invited, for the first time to attend #NYFW2018 by designer Mac Duggal. It was so much fun! I loved every minute of it!! This experience made me more determined to have my own line to show the world. This past summer, while in Greece I had a photoshoot on top of the Grecian white buildings with blue domes. The dresses I wore were incredible and had a train that was about 20 feet long and flowed in the wind. These pictures captivated my followers and I grew a larger following with people from around the world. A company called, Buena Vita asked me to sponsor them because they found my blog on Instagram. This company sells bracelets to help make the oceans a cleaner and healthier environment for sea life.

Anyone who knows me, knows I’m truly a mermaid on the inside. I absolutely love the tropics!! One day, I will see girls wearing my designs on the beach. Whether it be a bathing suit, cover-up, beach bag or sandals, this is my dream. Aside from sewing, my daily routine consists of working out. I kickbox, cheer competitively and attend the gym. I also love to surf. I usually surf with my sister it is one of our favorite things to do together. I’m excited to blog for FIT as I can share my experiences here. As I learn, I can progress, as I progress, I can achieve!! My goal is to be accepted into FIT!!!

I am so eager to learn and I will work hard to have a brand one day!!

-Xo Bell