Instructor Spotlight: Janice Giardina

Janice Giardina is a designer with experience in eveningwear, activewear, knitwear, and career and casual sportswear for branded and private label manufacturers. She is a graduate of the FIT Fashion Design program. Janice embarked on her career in Fashion Design while still in high school in the late 1980’s in FIT’s precollege Saturday Live program and was later accepted to the university. She is now an adjunct assistant professor at FIT. Her designs have sold to major department stores such as Lord & Taylor, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Macy’s, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Talbots.

Prof. Giardina teaches the following FIT Precollege Classes:
JSX 011 Fashion Art: Silhouettes
JSX 012 Fashion Art: Rendering Fabrics

On Precollege Programs:
I started out in the Precollege program myself in the late 1980s! Since most art universities require you to know your major when applying, I think it’s great to explore this early. Taking Precollege classes is a great way to help you find out where your passion lies, and you’ll have fun and make friends while doing so!

Teaching Philosophy:
You will excel when you’re passionate about what you’re doing and enjoying yourself. I tell my students to have fun while they’re working. Find something that inspires you and bring that into your work. You cannot be creative without inspiration.

Artwork by Prof. Giardina:

Comments

One response to “Instructor Spotlight: Janice Giardina”

1. Fotograf Avatar
    Fotograf

Thank you for all the valuable info that you gave to us.