Last but not Least

Processed with VSCO with a4 preset

As time here at FIT runs out, we are all cramming to get our last project over with and fit to perfection. Of course we all are doing so with tears in our eyes, heartbroken that this is the last time we will be preparing anything for this semester. For my final project, I was put in the shoes of a fashion director for a major fashion brand. Of course I picked my favorite store–Free People. We then had to research our company’s history and create a mood board for the season of Fall 2017.

Utilizing forecasting sites provided, I researched and depicted trends of Fall 2017 and came up with a Western Gilded theme. This aesthetic incorporates the colors, materials, shapes and details for the season while keeping in touch with Free People’s style. It also consists of deep colors, intricate details, and rich textures combining fashion from the Wild West and the Gilded age. Working with a brand like Free People that has a bohemian style, I made sure I grasped that through these trends and then my board came to life.

I used materials like silk, velvet, chiffon, lace and suede; mixed with oranges, greens and reds. These colors and textiles all come together to decorate the flowy dresses, tailored pants and fringed jackets. But now it is all finished and only goodbyes and farewells are left.

Free People Fall 2017 mood board
Free People Fall 2017 mood board

Until next time,

-Faith