Dover Street Market

Who knew a t-shirt could be $500?

That was just one of my thoughts today as I marveled with ooos and ahhhs at Dover Street Market. Our professor had mentioned this place numerous times before stating it was very trendy and fashion forward. We walked down a few streets and stopped at an unassuming building.

“Dover Street,” my professor pointed out.

I was surprised. The building looked so ordinary and definitely nothing like a high-class shopping haven. But once I stepped in, it was almost like I was in fashion heaven… 7 floors to be exact.

Each floor showcased different racks of clothing and interesting interior design. I definitely saw tons of black and white, fur, leather, plaid, quilting, wool, sheer materials and more (just to name a few). There were designers like Phoebe English, Comme des Garcons, and Junya Watanabe.

Phoebe English had some incredible latex crop tops. and 90% all-sheer blouses; I felt like these creations were very futuristic and in a way, impractical, but very beautiful in their own right.

Comme des Garcons had amazing plaid blouses that felt as smooth as butter against my fingertips. Bright vibrancies of green, red and blue passed my eyes. Straight silhouettes with ruffles at the wrist… ahh everything was so detail oriented; I loved it.

Junya Watanabe had interesting patches of mixed fabrics all over the clothing from shirts to denim jeans. There were zippers and sequins intricately over the items too. Definitely a lot of black.

But then I saw it… this was certainly a dream. In the store were authentic Prada clothes, shoes and purses.The leather was the realest I’ve felt (oh gosh I sound like such a fangirl). Just overall, it was amazing to know I was touching Prada… a brand I’d always seen online and in high fashion magazines.

Unfortunately this was a very expensive dream of mine. There were coats for $1,785 and hats for $400. I won’t burden you, as I did myself, with these pricing details (insert melancholy emoji here).

Overall, it was an amazing experience and store. Next time you’re in New York City and have got some time to spare when you’re not trying to catch your train or run off to a meeting, check out the Dover Street Market… just don’t look at the price tags.

Stay peachy my fruit friends!

XOXO, The Style Saviour