NYC Highline

Hey everyone ! My second week at FIT was amazing ! Not only did learn how to photoshop pictures into other pictures but on Wednesday we went to the NYC highline! The highline was breathtaking; especially since it was such a beautiful day. For those of you that have never been to the highline, it was an old railroad that lifted freight traffic 30 feet in the air that was built in the 1930’s. The railroad was slowly demolished over time and in 1999, non-profit friends of the highline decided to make use of this space so that it didn’t go to waste. They decided to make it open to the public and make it into an elevated park. On June 8th, 2009 the first section the highline was opened to the public, and that was the South section. Following that, on June 7th, 2011 a ribbon was cut to open the second highline section. This park stretches from Gansevoort street to 20th street.

We exited out of FIT and walked to the highline. As soon as we arrived, everyone started taking pictures because it was such an amazing place, especially for  people that love art. There are gardens with colorful flowers all along the elevated park. There are also paintings on the sides of buildings that are very cool to look at, the one below was my favorite

This was my favorite scene at the highline. I edited this picture in photoshop so that the colors in the painting really stood out. I made everything around the painting black and white.

As my friends and I walked along the highline we saw really pretty flowers and plants and we got to see all different views of the city.

This was one of the views while we walked along the park

Although it was a perfect sunny day, it got extremely hot, so on one part of the highline there was a little area where you could stop for a cold drink, food, or ice pops.

Overall, I thought that this trip was a really good experience. It was mostly a good experience because we had great opportunities to take many photographs. Even if you’re not a photographer I suggest you go to the highline when you aren’t doing anything else! it is an amazing place.

I have to get to bed so I am not tired for class tomorrow! Goodnight !

-Brooke