The Best of the Rest: My Top 16 Places to Shop, Eat, and Hang-out

New York City is home to some of the best restaurants, and lets not forget: it is one of the top fashion capitals in the world. That being said, myself, along with all of the other Precollege students, are unbelievably fortunate to have the opportunity to take classes at FIT and be able to experience the hectic streets of NYC weekly. So, where do you guys shop, eat and go on breaks? I know where I go so here are just some places I highly recommend!

Due to the fact that Saturday/Sunday Live students get a 15-30 minute break time is limited! So, that means where we go on break is limited also. Here are just a few places to get coffee, a snack, or shop in a very close proximity to FIT (some in which you’ll probably be very familiar with):

• Buffalo Exchange: 114 W. 26th street
  • Fashion Design Books: 250 W. 27th street (practically on FIT’s campus)
  • Barnes and Noble at FIT: between the A and B buildings
  • The Style Shop (if it’s opened): located in the A building
  • (The infamous) Starbucks: 315 7th ave
  • Argo tea: 275 7th ave (right across from the museum at FIT)
  • Cafe 27: 250 W. 27th street (between FIT’s campus)
  • Moda: 234 W. 27th street (also between FIT’s campus)
  • Trailer Park Lounge: 271 W. 23rd street (Okay, so this place is not the most attractive looking, just see the picture I posted, but it’s actually a really cool place with great food!)

Now, after class if the weather is nice and you feel like going shopping here are some places to shop (only if you are willing to take the subway or have someone to drive you because some of these stores are kind of far from FIT)

• Beacon’s Closet: 10 W. 13th street (I mentioned this store in another post but definitely try it out!)
  • The Market: 328 W. 14th street (this place is really cool, it’s only open certain days of the week and tons of emerging designers are there with really unique things)
  • Buffalo eExchange: this one is in the East Village (332 E. 11th street) I’d recommend stopping at this store also if you are a big thrift store person because every Buffalo Exchange carries totally different things!
  • Forever 21: 50 W. 34th street
  • Zara: 580 Broadway
  • Brandy Mellville: 518 Broadway
  • And basically any store on Broadway…

Michaela

Comments

One response to “The Best of the Rest: My Top 16 Places to Shop, Eat, and Hang-out”

1. sherrie edwards Avatar
    sherrie edwards

I LOVE NYC! Even though I’m from GA, born and raised a true southern girl through and through there’s just something about NY that makes you fall in LOVE!!! Can’t wait to get back in June!