Since I’ve Been Gone…

Hello Again! So I’m back as a Precollege blogger, and I couldn’t be happier. I’ve been waiting since December break to get back to my Precollege classes. I’m still waiting to hear back from FIT, (April 1st!). As some of you may know by now, FIT is my top choice and I hope to be attending school there in the Fall.

Since I have quite an extensive list of classes I’ve taken so far, I’ll list them out:

And now I’m enrolled in HFS 180: Fabric Styling for Fashion and HAP 017: Fashion Design Techniques! Since my last classes at FIT, I’ve been working on garments for my AP Art class, where my concentration is about bringing more art into fashion. So far, I’ve been pushing my limits to the max. I put moss on a dress! I’ve tried so many new things, including draping, making my own crinoline, and altering patterns on my own. I’m hoping to enhance the skills I’ve gained in these two classes, and I’m so eager to do so.

I’ve taken a few field trips since my last class, several to Mood and JoAnn Fabrics, so my swatch collection is completely overwhelming. I also went to a fashion show at the Waldorf-Astoria just two weeks ago. It was quite an experience and I had so much fun with my sewing club from school. I’ve also been doing community service projects as the head of the National Art Honors Society at my school and was recently picked to be in a art show for high school students at the Katonah Museum of Art.

I’m so excited to just be back on the train with all of my fashion magazines, which I desperately need to catch up on, as well as making my senior prom dress that I started last week!

Here are some pictures of the art work I’ve been doing at school:

Karlie