The Beginning of The End

My last class was Saturday, the feeling is bittersweet.  I am sad for my class to be over because I met amazing people,  learned so much about the field I plan to go into after college, and overall just had a lot of fun.  However, I am also glad to be one step closer to my goals of getting accepted to the Fashion Institute and then ultimately becoming a fashion stylist.

Saturday, we did our final photo shoot of our food.  Our sushi concept turned out really well and everyone else’s projects came out wonderful also.  Professor Sokoli encouraged us to think outside the box and display our food in an unexpected way, so our idea was to show sushi ironically coming out of a fish bowl.

After class we posed for a class photo (some people are missing though:c), a few friends and I went to see the Daphne Guinness exhibit at FIT (which by the way, is AMAZING) .  Then we went out for Thai food at Room Service on 8th avenue to commemorate the end of our class and the official beginning to our amazing friendship.

I have already signed up for my spring precollege class at FIT.  I decided I want to get some really good pieces for my portfolio before applying to the Fashion Institute at the end of this summer.  I decided to take HDE 112 Graphic Design for Parties, Events, and Fashion Promotions because it is a combination of fashion and graphic design which I love.  It is not a styling class, however it is in the Visual PResentation and Exhibition Design department which is the department I am applying to, which shows the diversity of my abilities.

I made a Facebook page for my FIT class so we could communicate throughout the semester and stay in touch after the class is over.  I definately reccomend this to anyone in an FIT Precollege class because if you are doing a group project, you can communicate with your entire class in one post.  I put a post on the page that I was taking this class in the spring and soon enough, my entire class with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 signed up for the same class!  Next semester is going to be really great because I’ll be doing something that I love with people that I love.  I am also looking forward to the change in environment because I have never taken an FIT class that is all work done on the computer – although I have taken a few computer graphics classes in my high school.  Our professor will probably be confused on the first day when everyone already knows each other though, haha.

But anyway, I am sad to say this is my last post for FIT Precollege.  Maybe I will blog again in the spring if I am graced with the opportunity once again.  I really am so grateful to be able to share my experiences at FIT with you; it was a very fun project and I hope everyone enjoyed my posts!

xoxo,

Mary