Inspiration Finds Me.

I live in the greatest city in the world… how can I not be inspired by everything around me?

I always find inspiration when I least expect it. This week especially!

Like, Saturday, I was driving home from my class -yea, I drove into the city, bad idea- and I was going past ground zero. I glanced up at the new tower and was instantly inspired for my Parson’s Challenge. This years Parson’s Challenge is to write about something that you or others may overlook everyday. I decided to do the new tower as my Parson’s Challenge because I am guilty of overlooking the significance of this location. Living in NYC is amazing because I can be inspired by anything.

I also LOVE going to thrift stores for inspiration… that may sound a little abnormal but trust me there are so many little things there that will inspire you. The other day I was looking for a basket for my magazines and I walked into a thrift store and they had a HUGE table full of fabrics! :0 I was like “YAS.” …So I buy a ton of fabric that I didn’t even need, why? Because they were 5o cents a yard! Then, I ended up using every piece of fabric I bought toward my final project 🙂

I’m often inspired by works of others. I love tweaking and changing works that I come across. As an interior designer, I love to go into furniture stores. Take me to Ikea or home depot and I’m like a kid in a candy store. I love to keep an open mind when I’m designing and I’m always looking for new ideas and trying new styles.

One day my work will inspire others.
Alexandria