Another Day in My Dreamworld

So after 2 weeks of working on AP Art projects, running after school clubs, folding endless piles of clothing (I work at Abercrombie Kids) and trying as hard as possible to understand economics, I finally got to get back to work on my portfolio. However, my teacher had a couple surprises for us today…

First, we went over the rules for the “take home test” portion, which is two create 2 figures with 4 mix and match garments including one jacket, one top, a skirt and a pair of pants. How i’m going to get all my ideas onto two figures is the real challenge. We had some time to sketch, but then we walked to mood. It was such a gorgeous day out, and it was so much fun getting to know everyone and seeing everyones different styles through which fabrics they picked out. I now have dozens of new swatches to go into my “swatch-book” that I made with a photo album.

When we got back to campus we went on break, and me and my classmate Kathleen grabbed Starbucks. Then came the really amazing part, which was the FIT Museum. I haven’t been there since the Vivienne Westwood exhibit in the Spring, but the new exhibits are incredible. It was almost overwhelming, and i’ll definitely be back there after class next week to get some more inspiration. But first, the week ahead: full of work, homecoming week, college applications, essays and art projects.

Karlie