Week 2 Off to a Great Start!

Hello Everyone!

How was your weekend? Mine was great, I got lots of work done for FIT.  I finished up all of my paper couture dolls and I put the finishing touches on one of my designs, which is inspired by Cruella DeVil. I also started working on my design journal and I continued to work on this in class today, as well.

For our design journals, we have  to show what we are all about  through a collage, mine is going  well so far. The next step is to develop a character of our  “customer,” which is what I’m beginning to work on.

For week two of FIT I am most excited about working on my design journal; I have lots of  ideas I want to add to it during this week. I’ll be sure to give you an update on this project next time!

Also, this Monday was much different than last Monday, which was the first day of class. I have learned a lot in such a short amount of time, my knowledge of designers has  grown immensely. This Monday we went to the Fabric Lab. I had never been there before, so this was very exciting for me. We were there to look for fabric swatches to use for our mood pages. FIT has such a large selection! In addition, my class also visited the library. My professor gave us a tour – the library has lots of cool things to see in it. We will be spending time in the library throughout the next few days to do research on designers for our final projects and I’m really looking forward to it.

During week one at FIT, my interest in fashion design has definitely grown. I’m usually more interested in styling or merchandising but I am finding this area of fashion to be just as fun and enjoyable. Do you have a favorite area of fashion? Have you found that FIT has helped you discover what you love??

I hope you all are enjoying your Summer Live classes as much as I am!

– Justine