Some of the courses he has taught through Precollege Programs include HFA 023 Basic Drawing, HFA 024 Life Drawing and HFA 148 Fine Arts Portfolio.
A fine artist and a fine teacher!
Oh yeah, and guess where he received his BFA? That’s right – FIT!
Professor Kurdziel’s Teaching Philosophy:
I consider myself a math teacher. I try to teach the structure of pictorial design with the expressive, descriptive and poetic aspects of making art.
On Precollege Programs:
I enjoy showing students that there is more to making art then they could imagine. It is also very satisfying to improve a student’s drawing skills and to help them get into a college. Precollege students at FIT are often smart, talented and motivated and a pleasure to teach. Teaching high school students can be a nice change from teaching college students. It has been a pleasure teaching Precollege .
Most Recent Solo Exhibitions:
- 2010 Place and Pattern, Walter Wickiser Gallery Inc, New York, NY
- 2010 Mark Kurdziel, Puzz Gallery, Art Village, Seoul, South Korea
Most Recent Group Exhibitions:
- 2010 Poetry and Motion, Able Fine Arts, New York, NY
- 2010 Seoul Open Art Fair, South Korea
- 2010 Bongsan Art Fair, South Korea
- 2010 Daegu Art Fair, South Korea
- 2010 Place and Pattern, Xu Xi
- 2005 ARTnews review, Romancing Nature, Arlene McKanic, March
- 2004 Catalog; Romancing Nature, essay written by Jonathan Goodman
- 2004 Spiritual Realms, Opilent Dreams: Fantasy and Vision in Contemporary Figuration, David Cleveland
- 2001 The Recent Paintings of Mark Kurdziel, Judd Tully
- 1999 The Korai of Mark Kurdziel, Desmond Barry
Below are some images of Professor Kurdziel’s work found on his website, www.markkurdziel.com.