Caroline has over 10 years of industry experience in Fashion Design and Costume Design. Her work as a designer and creative consultant allowed her to travel to countries such as Hong Kong, China, and Europe. In 2016 Caroline’s extensive experience lead her back to her Alma Mater FIT where she has been teaching as an Adjunct Professor.
Caroline Berti Teaches:
HSX 098: Wearable Technology: Fashion Meets Function
Experimentation and learning are one in the same, and they both happen when you are creating. Each person has their own unique way of seeing thing, as a Professor I try to provide them with the tools and foundation to bring that to life through experimenting and being creative.
Experience and Work:
- Designed for companies such as Victoria’s Secret Direct, Victoria’s Secret Pink, Warnaco, Richard Leeds, Karen Sabag and private lines for Macy’s, Qvc, Belk.
- She has gone on to work for some of the largest Costume companies in the U.S (Spirit, Rubies, Escante, Walmart) in addition to costume design in both Film and Theater.
- Special Projects include Illustrations for an animated pilot for MTV Producer, and stop motion animation with Charged Productions.
- Designing & Creative consulting for fashion technology projects with ‘INFOR LAB’ for companies such as PVH, Calvin Klein, Neue, and the Swedish Fashion Council.
- Has also assisted in connecting FIT with technology makers such as SparkFun.
Professor Glover joined the FIT family in 2008 as a student of the Continuing Education Department. After completing the Fashion Styling & Costume Design certificate programs, he Joined Local 764 Wardrobe Union where he began as a costumer for the Metropolitan Opera. His fashion portfolio includes commercial, editorial, and celebrity styling, as well as Costume Design. He also acts as a Creative Director for young artists. In 2013 Professor Glover returned to FIT to begin his tenure as a classroom teacher. He returns semester after semester with exciting new experiences to share with his students. Outside of the classroom, he spends time dressing the who’s who of Young Hollywood.
Prof. Glover teaches:
JSX 045: Careers in Fashion Styling
Students can’t be what they don’t see. I pride myself on exposure and try to create as many opportunities for students to have hands-on experiences as possible. I tell my students that we are all students and that the experiences we create together are the teacher.
Industry Experience/Recent Exhibitions:
- Key Costumer – Ryan Murphy’s POSE on FX, 2018
- Published in July 2018 issue of VOGUE Magazine (POSE FX)
- Best Dressed List, Celebrity Stylist – Elle, Esquire, E!
- Best Dressed – Golden Globes 2018, Caleb McLaughlin, Stranger Things
- American Ballet Theatre, Nutcracker
Photo by Kendra
Student: Hayden from Birmingham, AL
Program: Summer Live 2018
Precollege Course: HAC 066: Digital and Interactive Marketing
Describe your personal style?
I personally dress from all departments of a store. I don’t feel the need to restrict fashion to a certain gender. To me, clothes are clothes, and I can rock it as long as it matches my makeup.
Where do you go on your breaks from class?
I always go to Starbucks! I don’t sleep enough, ever!
What is your favorite thing about FIT?
My favorite thing about FIT is the accepting, supporting, and uplifting community of like-minded individuals who all come from different backgrounds but work together to learn.
Who or what inspires you?
Besides big influencers like Manny Mua, Jeffree Star, and James Charles, music inspires me the most.
What do you want to do after you graduate from College?
I want to continue my career in cosmetics marketing. I have already started unlike most of my peers.
Photo by Kendra
Student: Esther-Virginia from Italy
Program: Summer Middle School Workshops
Precollege Course: JSX 038 Multiple Media Workshop
What are you currently working on?
A collage on canvas
What do you like best about your class?
I like trying new materials and not having to follow the rules with my work. I also love drawing!
What is your favorite thing about Precollege?
FIT is a great university and I’m happy to be doing this experience and meeting new friends and trying new things.
Where do you get your ideas? What inspires you?
From my life experience, my family and what I do in my everyday life