Instrcutor Spotlight: Joseph Denaro

Prof. Denaro majored in Fashion Illustration at Parsons School of Design. As a fashion illustrator, he has traveled the world fashion circuit for Vogue and Vogue Patterns. Aside from his mainstream career, he has accepted commissions for portraiture, fine art, and animal depictions. A devotee of watercolors and markers, Prof Denaro has an evolving style that keeps his love of the illustration both current and fresh.

He divides his time between commissioned work at his studio, creating new images for his unique apparel company ABOUTFACEjdenaro LLC, and teaching at his Alma Mater Parsons and Manhattan’s Fashion Institute of Technology.

Prof. Denaro teaches:
HIL 011 Sketch a Model: Fashion Illustration for Beginners 

Teaching Philosophy:
I bring my expertise of fashion drawing from my many years of working in this creative and exciting field. Watching students grow creatively is the most rewarding part of teaching. I understand all students will not go on to be fashion illustrators, but participation in the arts will broaden their perspective in the future. In teaching, I believe that dialogue leads to the free exchange of information, and I hope I can transfer my knowledge and experience for the enrichment of my students.

Industry Experience:

Prof. Denaro has illustrated for Abercrombie & Fitch, Lord and Taylor, Brooks Bro., Strawbridge and Clothier, Mc Calls, Vogue Patterns, Simplicity Patterns, Russell Fabrics, Woman’s Day Magazine, Plymouth Shops, Tanner Shops, Klopman Fabrics, Burlington Industries, Accessory Magazine and Couture III Illustration to name a few. He has exhibited at W Hotel, NYC. He is also the author of Fashion Illustration in Markers.

In 2015 ABOUTFACEjdenaro LLC, a premium clothing brand for women (and men) incorporating his fashion images was introduced to the fashion market.