Improvement

First off, I’d like to apologize to everyone for my lack of a post last week. Super-busy with normal school and stuff like that.

Secondly, I found my portfolio. My record of everything I’ve done since before I started coming to Precollege courses. It’s great to be able to look back on it and reflect on everything I’ve done… I’ve gotten so much better!

It’s not bad to start with, but looking back on it, the heads are way out of proportion, as well as hands/feet…and the lack of faces.

The first course I took was draping. I can’t seem to find any photos from the class itself. However, I did make this dress (below) with skills I learned in that class.

I had Professor Gardner as my teacher. She taught me proper proportions, and introduced me to markers.

Between the first and second level drawing classes, I took sewing over the summer. Again, I can’t find photos (I’ll try to scrounge some up and then update this post xD)

I had Professor Urena who had me practice my croquis. This was Fall 2011. Each class I drew a new figure before break, and after break I added the clothes.
This was the first time I put together a cohesive collection (more than 3 pieces) with a recurring theme. This was based off the NYC subways, and my personal views of how beauty can be found in the least obvious places. The teacher was Professor King, and I learned a lot from her.

Then I took the summer off (I had another program and two weeks of camps), practiced my faces, and came back for FIT.

This is from the course I’m in right now, Anatomy of Fashion with Professor Uvenio. I feel like my illustrations have steadily improved with each drawing course dramatically.

Recently, I made a fanpage on Facebook to track my improvements and also to help promote my little business that I started up. The link to the page is here: http://www.facebook.com/EmilyDanaOriginals

So go check it out! There’s lots more up on there and you can really see an improvement in my work. These classes are absolutely amazing and a great way to get better.

Hugs,

Emily

One response to “Improvement”

1. Luxury Furniture Avatar

Emily, really great job. Do you have planning for mass production?