All Good Things Must Come to an End

FIT friends!
FIT friends!

Sadly, this week was my last class of my precollege workshop course HSX 121: Passion for Fashion Styling.  I enjoyed every minute of this class, such as the various photo shoots, styling each other, and making many inspiration boards.  This class is very fun if you like hands on classes.

Even though it was a styling class, my Professor’s still gave us great insight about the school, the different majors you can take, and some different careers in the industry.  I’m going to miss all the great friends I have made, but hopefully we will see each other in the future – maybe even at the same school!  My plans for the future is to major in Fashion Merchandising Management. Then after graduating, I plan to work my way up from an assistant fashion buyer to a divisional merchandise manager at a major department store.

I have big dreams that I am ready to fulfill and I feel that taking Precollege courses and speaking with instructors who are currently working in the industry has helped give me a lot of insight    The next class I will be taking is a workshop over the summer called HSX 123: A Week in The Life of a Merchant, which I am looking forward to very much!

If you are interested in going into the fashion industry or thinking about applying to FIT, signing up for a Precollege course is the best thing you can do.  You get to see what the school is like, learn so much from Professors who really know the industry, and also make many new friends that share the same interests as you.

I hope you enjoyed my blog posts as much as I enjoyed writing them!

Madeline

Final pictures from the photo shoot in HSX 121: Passion for Fashion Styling

One response to “All Good Things Must Come to an End”

1. emily Avatar
    emily

I’m taking this class this summer? What exactly did you do? What types of projects and field trips?