That’s a Wrap!

That’s a wrap! I had an amazing time in my 3rd week of class.  This week we were doing our photo shoots for the bag that each group chose.  The first shoot we had to do with the bag was the “high fashion shoot.”  We had to choose someone from our group to have one of their body parts with the bag and since my nails were coincidently nicely polished, I was volunteered to hold the bag. The shoot required me to kneel on a table holding a watering can, pretend to pick a flower, and kneel on the ground holding fake butterflies.  We then moved to our 3rd location for the still life.  It was so much fun, I loved all the preparation we did to put into it to finish with amazing photos! The photos are amazing!                                                             

Sample picture from the photo shoot

So, If you have not read or heard about this yet, this will then be some fun and exciting news!

The Metropolitan Museum of Art Spring 2012 costume exhibit opening May 10 – August 19 will be “Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible conversations.”  The exhibition is about Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada, who are two Italian designers from different eras.  I don’t want to give to much away but the exhibition will showcase approximately ninety designs and thirty accessories by Schiaparelli (1890-1973) and by Prada from the late 1980’s to the present time.  And if you didn’t think that was exciting enough they are live streaming the Met Gala this year!  It will be live streaming Monday, May 7th from 6:30 – 8:30 (est), you can go onto Vogue’s website or the Met’s website to view the live stream.  There will be interviews from the gala’s co-chairs and celebrities from the world of fashion to film, society, sports, art, business, and music.  I am very excited and I hope you are able to watch it and enjoy it as well!

Madeline