Haute Hangouts

Hi All!

What a crazy week! Last week I arrived at Penn to find that all the trains were cancelled due to the storm. I called my Dad and he had to drive two hours to get my friend and me. It was crazy. We were really hungry so we decided to stop in Hoboken for some chinese food. I ended up getting home around 6pm. But in a strange way it was fun. On the plus side it’s so far been a 4 day weekend for me; I didn’t have school on Monday or Tuesday (yay!).

I can’t believe I’m going to be 16 in less than a week!!!  I felt bad because last Saturday was my friend Grace’s 16th and we were stuck at Penn for two hours. I’m going to Disney World  for my b-day which I’m really excited about, but unforch I’m going to have to miss a class.

Last class I finally finished my skirt. It came out ok; the darts in the back are great, but the ones in the front are too small because I somehow ran out of material. I don’t know if I made the other darts too big or if I just didn’t measure correctly.

I don’t do too much during break since we only have 2o minutes. It goes by really fast. (If only school went by quickly…) I like to check to see if the Style Shop is open. For those of you who don’t know, the Style Shop is a student-run boutique and they always have really cute stuff. It’s located in the A Building Lobby. Unfortunately, it’s not open most weekends. I think I got lucky last weekend because there was an event going on at FIT.

I love Starbucks but I usually go after class now because we aren’t allowed to have drinks in the classroom because of the sewing machines. If I need anything for class I’ll run across the street to the Fashion Design Bookstore or the Barnes and Noble at FIT (in between the B Building and the cafeteria). After class last week I found two great tops at Buffalo Exchange. I basically go there every week! That’s my all-time fave store. I was joking around saying I would go shopping in a blizzard, which is basically what I did last week. If you’ve never been to the Style Shop or Buffalo Exchange, I suggest you check those places out. How did you all “survive” the storm?

Until Next Time,

Emily