Three weeks went by already?

It feels like just yesterday I was getting ready for my first day of Summer Live. We’ve all had so much fun and I will miss everyone.

I’m pretty sad about having to leave FIT (for the summer anyway!).

But before we I say my final goodbye, I want to tell you all about my final project! We had to take pictures of typography in our environment or around New York. New York it was for me! I had fun with this assignment. I never realized how type defines this city, it’s everywhere! From billboards, advertisements, and shop windows, you can’t not see type wherever you go. What I had the most fun doing was taking the time to look at graffiti and stickers people put everywhere. Some of it was really cool!

The next part is to arrange them in a non conventional way. I chose to do a collage. I chose to do a “T”, to stand for typography. I’m happy with how it came out so far! Do you like it?

What I learned in this class will help me with graphic design and it increased my overall knowledge of type. Without it, I wouldn’t know the difference between kerning and I wouldn’t know what a “rag” was. It’s ending too soon, I still want to learn more and do more awesome projects!

What is everyone else doing for final projects?

Victoria