This resource is now available:
Why, you say, do I care?
- Because the 1970s are best illustrated through sweaters. (see above!)
- Because the 1980s are best illustrated through sweaters.
- Because if you are knitting, your annoying sister can’t see your eyerolls.
- Because your NYC apartment is either tropical or arctic.
- Because your term garment next semester requires a shrug.
- Because you can’t afford that in-between-weight coat till you get a job.
- Because historic crafty stuff is nerdy and cool.
- Because FIT students are too driven to sit still all January.
Since knitting has become popular again lately, lots of archives have publicized their collections of historical knitting patterns:
A simple search in StyleCat comes up with 282 records:
Some highlights include:
Knitting Vintage, by Claire Montgomerie
The Knitster, by Robbie Dulaney
Punk Knits, by Share Ross
Enjoy your wintry time off!