Photography is such a versatile skill. In our increasingly visual world, being able to take a well-staged and well-edited (#notwithafilter) photo is practically mandatory.
Artists, designers, and makers of all sorts – photography classes are for you too! Being able to photograph and edit your work for print and web is essential in your fields as well!
11-session Precollege Courses
Learning from professionals in FIT’s labs and classrooms is an excellent introduction to the craft. We recommend a high school Precollege Live Class:
- HPH 159 Digital Camera Use & Photography for the Beginner
- HPH 169 Fundamentals of Digital Photography and Photoshop Summer Precollege Session Fall Precollege Session
Spring Precollege Session
Another way to sharpen your photo skills is by focusing on a specific type of photography, such as fashion or portrait. Take a fun 4-day Workshop learning in FIT’s darkroom or photo studios.
- HSX 109 Photographic Darkroom for Beginners
- HSX 110 Photography Portrait Workshop
- HSX 111 Fashion Photography Workshop Summer Session Fall Session Spring Session
1-day Creative Career Series
Saturday April 6th, photographer Megan Madden will be discussing her photography journey from FIT graduate to photographer for Refinery29.
Wherever you are on your journey, there is a Precollege learning experience for you!