Jill Topol has been a driving force in the photo/fashion industry for over 20 years. As a top celebrity fashion stylist, Jill has had the pleasure of calling Destiny’s Child/Beyoncé, N’SYNC and the Jonas Brothers as some of her steady high-profile clients. Jill’s work can be seen in publications including Harper’s Bazaar & Elle International, Vibe, Interview, Rolling Stone, Seventeen, People, Paper, Time, Newsday, New York Magazine, Mass Appeal, Out, Entertainment Weekly and Esquire.
Jill holds a BFA in Photography from School of Visual Arts, and is currently an adjunct professor at FIT in the FBM department.
Jill Topol Teaches:
JSX040 55A Fashion Merchandising: Trend Spotting
HFM060 55C Fashion Forecasting: Seeing into The Future
From the moment a student enters my classroom, it’s my goal to help them explore their passion for fashion. I freely share stories from my own extensive career and teach them the ins and outs of the industry. Forecasting fashion trends means keeping your eyes wide open at all times to take in the beauty all around you. Sometimes it’s the things we least expect that will inspire us the most.
- Freelance Fashion Stylist for 20+ years
- Fashion Director at Mass Appeal Magazine
- Fashion Editor at Black Book Magazine
- Senior Fashion Stylist for E! and Style Network
- Accessories Director for Moxiegirl (an Urban Outfitters backed magalog)
- Product Development / Trend Forecasting for Delia’s & Wanted Shoes
- Contributing writer for The Huff Post covering topics in fashion and parenting