5 Ways To Love Layering

Hello readers! As the mornings have gotten colder, I’ve reached a dilemma. I’m having trouble letting go of my fall clothes. I knew this moment would come, but not this soon. I’ve been avoiding pulling my winter coat out of my closet. This is unusual for me because winter is my absolute favorite season because of the clothes. However, I’ve come up with a solution that will get me by until the temperature permanently drops under 30 until the spring: Layering! This may seem like a simple solution, but I feel as if I’m getting very creative to keep warm. This styling trick has no rules, which makes it so much fun. I’ve gotten more compliments on my outfits than ever before. Here are my 5 favorite ways to layer:

1. Get out your favorite sleeveless casual dress and wear it over a turtleneck or a long sleeve top. I’ve lately been doing this with a black faux suede dress and any warm shirt I can find. I feel very put together when I do this!
  2. Pair your thick cardigan with a light jacket to stay warm and add texture to your outfit. This is a wonderful way to transition into wearing a heavier coat and the pairing of different fabrics looks great together. Add a chunky scarf for when it is colder out.
  3. This may sound weird, but wear a statement sock that sticks out of your shoe over a pair of tights. Choose socks that are a different color than your outfit or have a cool pattern. Keeping your feet warm is important, so you might as well look cute while doing it!
  4. Wear as many thin layers as possible. Dressing like this will keep you so warm you’ll forget all about wearing a coat. Mixing fabrics will add dimension to your look and make it unique. Try it out and I promise you that you won’t be left in the cold.
  5. Throw a sweater over your button up top. This may be known as an exclusively preppy styling tip, but anyone can rock it. A patterned or colored sweater will make the formal button up seem more casual and fun while keeping you warm.

This is the best way to stay warm and fashionable this season. Layering lets me survive cold, brisk mornings in New York until I finally decide to wear a coat.

Have a great week!

Thanks for reading,

Kenzie Davis