In The Halls: Rachel

Rachel_Sperrazia_inthehallspost_17

Student: Rachel (19 (Second year college student)) from Buffalo, NY

Work Study: I am a work study student for the precollege office at FIT. I have been working here since my freshmen year and absolutely love it! I’ve developed great relationships with the staff, professors and even the high school students. I love watching the high schoolers succeed, and I get so excited when I hear they got accepted to the school! I can really relate to them because I was in their position just a few years ago!

Major: Fashion Merchandising Management

Describe your personal style: My style is very girly. I love bright colors, patters, and accessories. My favorite place to shop is Urban Outfitters. I love hats and bright lipstick!

Where do you go on your breaks from class? Living in the city has been amazing. On my free time, I love exploring the different museums and gardens around manhattan. I am a dancer so I love seeing broadway shows! I also take class at The Broadway Dance Center when I can.

What is your favorite thing about FIT? The Best part of my FIT experience has been the FIT dance team. I have a passion for dance and have met the most mazing people through it. We all come from different backgrounds but have formed such a strong bond through dance!

Who or what inspires you? Music inspires me mostly. I love all types of music, especially indie and acoustic stuff. It gets me through the day! As far as fashion goes, I love Olivia Palermo. Her style is amazing and I’m definitely inspired by it!

What do you want to do after you graduate from college? After college, I hope to be a buyer for a major company. Buying has always been my dream job!!!

~Mikey