Introducing New Pre-College Intern: Rebecca

As of my birth date on May 29, 1997, my full name is Rebecca Michelle Shoykhet. Born and raised in Brooklyn, I make the best out of every day of my life. Growing up, I was highly influenced by my parents to have interest in the fashion world. Even as a little seven year old girl I would always find myself sketching drawings of designs, and since then I knew I wanted to aspire in making myself involved with the fashion industry. Since I was about four years old, a hobby I continue on to this day is dance. I feel that dance isn’t all about being able to do eight pirouette turns; it’s the feeling you get when you’re performing.  The same goes towards my feelings for fashion. Fashion isn’t just getting out of bed and putting on a designer label, fashion is about being able to express yourself through the articles you wear. When I get dressed, I love the feeling of confidence. Being able to wear something that represents you best, and makes you feel good; it’s a feeling like no other. What makes you YOU? Walking down the street in something that makes you feel fabulous is just like performing your dance on stage beautifully. Receiving compliments on how you look is just like hearing the roaring sound of applause coming from the audience. You feel great, you feel beautiful, and you feel confident. Every person has a passion for something… my passion is for fashion. My feelings for this opportunity cant even be described in words. Excited? Absolutely, but its something much more than that. When you’ve wanted to do something all your life, you are more than thrilled or excited or happy… this is an opportunity of a lifetime. This summer, I took a pre-college class at FIT for business (HSX 141 Global Fashion Business Workshop). I have learned so much information just from those 4 days. After taking that class, I became inspired to make myself more involved in the world in fashion. What better way to do that then getting an internship! As an intern in the pre-college office, everyday that I’m here a new door of opportunities opens up for me. One of my duties is to take photos of people who catch my eye for the pre- college In The Halls blog. Fashionistas beware; I’ll be hunting you down!

-Rebecca

Tags: