In The Halls: Cara

Student: Cara (17) New Providence, NJ
Program: Saturday Live
Precollege Course: HAR 089: Fashion Design Portfolio

Describe your personal style?
I feel that inconsistency is my trademark; in a good way! If I feel good in an outfit, I will undoubtedly wear it. Surprising people is half the fun! I’m almost like a box of chocolates.. “You never know what you’re gonna get!”

Where do you go on your breaks from class?
You’ll always see me engrossed in my work on breaks; rarely do I leave the classroom. When I do leave, I will go to the art store. A girl could never have enough markers!

What is your favorite thing about FIT?
My favorite thing about FIT is seeing the myriad of individualistic styles around campus. Everyone brings such an appealing personality to the table, and I love being able to meet so many different girls and boys that foster the same passion that I do.

Who or what inspires you?
I’m inspired by the unconventional designers, like Vivienne Westwood, and how they establish themselves as pioneers in fashion. I also admire the timeless classic appeal of Oscar De La Renta’s designs.

What do you want to do after you graduate from college?
After graduating from college, I hope to further my education and obtain a Masters Degree in Fashion Design. My dream is to live and work in New York City as a designer, where I will be able to experience life from an amazing and worldy perspective.

-Meghan

Tags: