Looking Ahead: My college goals.

How cool would it be to be able to look into the future? To know what you’ll do, how it would happen, and maybe be determined to change destiny? It could be for the better or for the worse, but for the most part- nobody can really do that (unless you’re some sort of psychic, then lucky you)!

Throughout my life, my goals for the future have changed. Not dramatically, but, it has changed. When I was younger, I always wanted to be an actress or singer and a big-time artist at the same time. Hey, I was young, no harm in dreaming big! But since now I’m much older, I’ve become more realistic with my goals and back-up plans.

Since I’m a freshman in high school, everyone keeps on telling me that I have all the time in the universe to decide what to do for college. But to be honest, I really don’t think so! I want to know what I want to do now so I know how to prepare for it.

Where I see myself in the following years:

• 5: In 5 years I see myself as a Freshman in FIT, Majoring in Communication Design. Possibly dorming, or maybe even living in The City! Oh, how wonderful that’d be!
  • 10: In 10 years I see myself living out, Having a AAS degree in Communication Design and a BS degree in Advertising and Marketing Communications.
  • 20: In 20 years I see myself successful, having a family and loving what I do!

To achieve this- I want to get as much knowledge in art and that is why I’m taking a course in the precollege program! To advance my skill so once I apply to FIT, I’ll be at my best at what I do.

I’m hoping I’m heading in the right track. I wonder what else my future holds. But we’ll just wait and see!

Jharline