We are family~

Just when I thought I couldn’t think of a “funny” title bam! That one Sister Sledge song pops into my head, I hope you sang it while reading the title, heh.

I wouldn’t be anything without my family, seriously. They are always there for me and still love me even though I’m a big weirdo. They’re my biggest fans and actually my biggest clients (you would not believe how many times I hear the phrase “Hey, can you fix this for me?”).

Fortunately, my parents support my choice in the career field I’m going into instead of forcing me to become a doctor or lawyer or engineer or whatever. This is what my mom says, “If you decide you want to be a circus clown one day, great, we support you! Just be the best circus clown there ever was!” I for one, am not a big fan of the circus (smells like elephant poop in there, yuck) but I get where she’s coming from.

Since day one, there was no hesitation from my parents. I’ll always remember the day I went to Wal-Mart and me and my mom were passing buy the (now obsolete) sewing section, and I looked over and thought “Wow, that’d be cool, making my own clothes.” I turned to my mom and asked for a sewing machine. Since it was early fall, I was going to finish the sentence with “for Christmas” but I didn’t even get that far because she had already answered “Sure, let’s get you one now!”

When I first found out about the Precollege Programs here at FIT again, no hesitation, no arguement, only pure excitement about me finally being able to go somewhere to expand on my craft.

Now with college appilaction deadlines drawing near, once again my family is offering to help with anything I might need. Without their support and love, I wouldn’t be where I am today so shout out to the Lopez, Torres, and Ali family, I love you guys!

Love, Talya