The Long and Winding Road

….to the near end of our classes at FIT. I’m so torn up about the upcoming end of what has become a routine trip to the city to spend my Sunday drawing and being in my own little fashion world. I’ve learned so much and I’m so glad I took this class. I absolutely cannot wait until I take my summer pattern making classes here and then a classes yet to be determined next fall.

While trying to put off the thoughts of my final days in class, I have my final project to focus on. Our project is to use three inspirations and make 3 looks for each of them. I’m really excited about this and a tad overwhelmed because I have so many ideas!

I tend to have odd inspirations. For instance, so far on my list of possible inspirations for this project I have the following:

• Andy Bernard, of The Office

Excuse me, but does anybody not see these beautiful color combinations? The 'Nard Dog has some serious matching skills.
  • Fountains
  • Snow White
  • Glee’s “Power of Madonna” episode
  • Architecture
  • Yoko Ono (Post-Beatles)
  • Marchesa
  • Rachel Berry
Even though Kurt said she dresses like a toddler yet like a granny at the same time, I find it adorable!
  • Pattie Boyd (late George era)
  • Janis Joplin
  • Stevie Nicks
  • Dior Haute Couture
  • British Invasion

The list goes on and on. I seriously haven’t even finished. The hardest part of this project, for me, is picking from this ever expanding list of inspiration that is on a never ending scroll in my head. Next class is when my first set of looks are due; hands down I’m doing Snow White for special occasion. That’s going to be load of fun! Maybe I’ll post the designs up later this week. Until then, watch the Office and Glee, cause if you aren’t, you’re missing out on the good things in life!

Love, Talya