Goodbye, Winter!

It is hard to believe that daylight savings time has arrived. Just the other day we had to close the college early—yet again—because of the treacherous snow-driven weather. But now Accuweather tells us that all that snow will be melting—it is predicting temperatures in the 40s and 50’s, and even the 60’s over the next few weeks.

10863913_10155093596715315_4051095124793911943_o

As I measure it, we had almost eight weeks of cruelly freezing, disabling weather this winter—and like everyone else, I am bored by it. The irony, for me, is that I normally like cold weather. I’m sorry to say so, but it’s true. Well, what I really like is the clothing that winter requires. I love the wonderful fabrics that keep us warm: the wide variety of wools, the sweaters, the coats, the beautiful leather gloves and boots, the shawls. But I am ready to close the door on my winter closet. So is BeBe, by the way.

BeBe has never liked having to wear booties or storm coats or little woolen sweaters—handsome as he is in them. BeBe does not need a summer wardrobe and he is panting in anticipation of that 60 degree day. At this point, so am I.

One response to “Goodbye, Winter!”