This week the Precollege Blog celebrates its first birthday! I am excited to share that we have accomplished a tremendous amount of success in just one year. We have reached over 60,000 viewers from all over the world and created a space where current and prospective students and parents can learn, comment, and be a part of the wonderful opportunities and people that make up our community here at FIT.
You are never too young to experience your dreams and we hope that through this blog you have experienced a taste of what FIT’s Precollege Programs are all about!
Here are just some of our accomplishments from the last year. We have…
- Hosted 30 fabulous high school bloggers (11 in Spring 2011, 6 in Fall 2011, 6 in Summer 2011, and 7 in Spring 2012)
- Interviewed and featured 40 Precollege students for our In the Halls segment
- Spotlighted 13 amazing instructors who teach for Precollege Programs, detailing their industry backgrounds and examples of their personal and professional work
- Published a whopping 335 blog posts
- Featured 31 “Tips” on issues such as registration, courses for Precollege parents, opening day and orientation information, and other program details
- Featured work and curriculum for 17 new and returning courses
- Recapped 6 FIT exhibits from the teenage perspective
- Covered events such as the presentation on African Fashion Week New York, the New York Fashion Week and the Independent Fashion Bloggers conference, and the Fashion Show at the High School of Fashion Industries which honored Isabel and Ruben Toledo (who we interviewed!)
To Meredith Perkins, the Media Coordinator for the Tech Development Team at FIT: Thank you for always being there to help us with our technical issues and for helping us make this blog dream of ours come to fruition.
To our previous work study student Taylor and our fabulous interns Martha and Yulissa: Thank you for your photographic and editing contributions. Your are the oil that keeps our machine running.
To Marta Regulski: Thank you for your amazing photographic contributions and daily Precollege office coordination.
To our Precollege instructors: Thank you for allowing us to showcase you and your amazing talents outside of the classroom to our readers. You are doing wonderful, amazing things and I know our readers appreciate experiencing it outside of the classroom.
To our Precollege student bloggers: Thank you for your voice which has not only provided perspective on what it is to be a student at FIT, but has inspired, advised, and informed your fellow students, prospective students and parents. Your dedication to FIT and to your college futures is inspiring!
To Brian Edwards: Thank you for your vision and management of this endeavor – your tireless efforts have made this blog what it is today and we are are grateful for your leadership and expertise.
And lastly, thank you to all the readers. We appreciate your comments and we hope you look forward to another fabulous year!
Director, Precollege Programs