Why I am where I am today…

Considering that my dad drives me to and from NYC for class every single Saturday, I think it’s safe to say that he supports me immensely. Need I say more?

I have always wanted to be involved in fashion since I was little. In school, when my teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I got older I always wrote down “fashion designer” much like the majority of the girls in class did. For some reason, everyone just wanted to be one, without even knowing what a fashion designer did! Sadly, I was one of those girls at the time. Then, about 4 years ago in the 6th grade, I realized I wanted to make fashion a lifelong career. At that time I did all the research possible to ultimately come across FIT’s Precollege Programs. It did take a while (three years) to finally convince my parents to let me take a class. Although this was understandable because I was only 12 years old at the time and my parents didn’t think I was serious about it.

Finally, this year (freshman year) my parents allowed me to take my first class in the fall and they couldn’t be more supportive. Both my mom and dad are extremely supportive of everything I have accomplished so far involving fashion. Also, they honestly don’t care what route I take in the fashion industry as long as I am happy and feel satisfied. That so refreshing to hear because I would hate feel pressured by them to be successful in a certain field, and only that field. Truly, I couldn’t ask for more loving and encouraging parents. Ultimately, they are the reason why I have the courage to set high goals for myself and believe I will reach them.

Michaela

Comments

One response to “Why I am where I am today…”

1. Hoa chat be boi Avatar

I have always wanted to be involved in fashion since I was little. In school, when my teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I got older I always wrote down “fashion designer” much like the majority of the