My Family’s thoughts on me being in FIT!

Since starting the FIT program, my family have been nothing but supportive on me attending the program! Which is nice because I go with ease on going to my classes, and coming home and showing them what I did in class!

But convincing them to be in the program was the hard part. I mean, it is very understandable that ones guardian is gonna be worried on letting their child go off into the biggest city in the world by themselves. But eventually they thought it was a good idea for me to go to a program much like a college course, to experience it young and to learn as much skill as possible!

Every Saturday that goes by, I show my family the artwork I did in class. They tell me they have seen a vast improvement in my art ability, which very much excites me because they imagine what I can do in the near future.

This past Saturday’s session was awesome. Our first activity was pen and ink drawings. I very much enjoy it because you can show as little detail as you like in a dramatic way. Next was using pastels. I absolutely love pastels because they’re so messy (I believe I’m the dirtiest when it comes to pastel in my class) and so colorful! It’s also wonderful to blend. We worked on a portrait-type drawing that was amazing to do.

Ah another week has gone by, till next Saturday! Sayonara!

Jharline