Chilling with my (non-existant) Homies, Part deux

And so it continues….
You’d think after another year and more time to grow I’d be a little better at becoming less socially awkward.
Wrong.

Still same old Talya! Seriously though, I went job hunting today at the mall (because these college application fees are getting pretty ridiculous and Versace for H&M is less than a month away) and I literally had to take a break in between stores because I was forced to talk to too many people I didn’t know in such short amount of time. I got all scared and started fembot-ing (yes, Austin Powers reference). Mostly just the initial going up to a random person and speaking to them is the most nerve wracking part for me, after that I’ll start talking your ear off like I’ve known you forever.
I can’t blame myself completely for not making any new friends this time around, generally class time is spent either listening to the instructions our Professor is giving us and then going about said steps hoping that we don’t screw up and have to re-do it when she comes around to check our work. So, besides before and after class with a break in between, there’s not really much time to socialize. I still wish I had someone to talk to though! *hint*hint* even though I usually am hiding my phone behind my bag scrolling through tumblr when I’m done with my work. Breaking the rules, I know, so hardcore \m/

Oh! And guess what? Did you know there’s a cafeteria here? Oh my lord – I found it by accident because this Sunday was FIT’s Open House and there was stuff going on everywhere and this lady told me to go there and I did and it’s like I found heaven inside of heaven! I know I’m reaally late on the whole cafeteria thing but I’m just so happy I don’t have to pay an arm and a leg for a snack because I just really love eating. Food > social life of any kind.

Speaking of Open House, I was able to meet up with my friend (yeah, I actually manage to have friends!) Anwar and tour the school and dorms and go to the Daphne Guinness exibit, I was so excited I actually had someone to enjoy FIT with! He’s majoring in Fashion Design like me so hopefully we both get accepted and go to school with each other because I don’t think I can handle sitting in the corner of my classes alone on tumblr for four years. Besides, since “gym” is a required class we have to take, I already told Anwar we’re taking ballet and fencing just because it’s there.

Maybe this post will encourage you guys to talk to me but my previous posts should have already encouraged you because they show how completely awesome and not concieted I am! (I’m really not though, this is just my odd sense of humor) Till then, I’m still forever alone but that’s okay, because I will always have food.

Peace, Love, & Food
-Talya