Congratulations!

offbeach
L’Officiel, June 1988, p. 51

You made it through another school year!

Now you can relax for the summer.  Ok, so maybe you have to work, but you still won’t have projects due after your workday, right?

New York City is a great place to be in the summer.  The city is less crowded because a lot of people relocate for a few months.  Yes, there are tourists here from all over the world, but the trains aren’t as full, and it’s warm out, so you can walk everywhere.  Plus there are tons of free cool things to do here all summer long.

Just to give you some ideas, I’ve compiled a little list of links.

I’m putting Time Out New York in here first, because we just happen to have it up on the 6th floor of the library.

TONY cvr310
Cover, April 22-28 issue, up in PERS on 6th floor

http://www.timeout.com/newyork/things-to-do

And here are a bunch of other cool listings:

http://www.theskint.com/

http://www.centralparknyc.org/things-to-see-and-do/

http://www.governorsislandalliance.org/calendar/

http://www.brooklynpaper.com/sections/go/events/

Have a great summer, everyone!

25 responses to “Congratulations!”

1. james arthur Avatar

Your blog is wonderful full and packed of wonderful articles and very large clear precise images.
    Do you use photoshop to edit these?

1. Beth Avatar
      Beth

I do, actually. Not much, though. Usually they are scanned from our library materials, then cropped and resized. That’s really all.

2. Cris Avatar

Will probably be back once again on the regular basis to check up on fresh content. ! Possesses a fantastic vision of your views.After looking at this particular blog post, I actually thank you for your hard work and my request is to try to please discuss us more post later on. Continue the good work!!

1. Beth Avatar
      Beth

Thank you for your effusive compliments. It’s nice to hear that someone out there appreciates what I’m doing. Can you clarify what you mean by “discuss us more post later on”? Do you want me to discuss people’s comments, or talk about the work? I will happily do so if you can tell me what you want.

Happy New Year!

3. Raul Raise Avatar

All are so excellent articles you have to this blog. i am really big fan of this kind of good works.

4. hr habib Avatar

Congratulations! Thank’s a lot for your article.

5. Mahiuddin Sharif Avatar

Hi Beth! Really love your wonderful articles and perfect images. Appreciated your great works. Photoshop is always important for make a great photos.

1. Beth Avatar
      Beth

You’re very kind! Thank you for your enthusiasm. If you have any suggestions for fashion or design posts you’d like to see, let me know.

1. Mahiuddin Sharif Avatar

Beth ! Thank you for your response. What do you think about 2017 graphic design trends? In 2017, which graphics design parts need to focus more color, design or branding. Let me know.

1. Beth Avatar
          Beth

Wow! Interesting questions. Let’s make that a discussion for some 2017 posts, shall we? I want to write more about book design and graphic design, since the work here allows me to see so many changes, but I feel like I need to read a bit more of the history before I can comment well. In the meantime, have a wonderful holiday season!

1. Beth Avatar
            Beth

Also, just curious, where are you writing from?

6. Mahiuddin Sharif Avatar

Happy Holiday! I’m from Bangladesh.Here I am working for an image editing company.I am also curious to know about you.Would you like to share some of your awesome graphics design articles or blogs?

7. Robert Avatar

What a way of expressing yourself! I must admit that you have a great passion & writing style with you. All of your posts are wonderful.
    Regards,
    Robert

1. Beth Avatar
      Beth

Thank you!

8. bobby Avatar

Do you use photoshop to edit these?

9. Sthephane Kudlick Avatar

Your blog is fine for me, If I want to contribute in your blog how can I process it.

1. Beth Avatar
      Beth

Thanks, I’m glad you like the blog. Not sure how you want to contribute? The blog is written at the Fashion Institute of Technology library, by people (mostly me) who work here.

10. odna sihmoe Avatar

Your images is beautiful and wonderful my friend i like this blog so much is pretty and very nice good luck.

11. Abigail Olivia Avatar

Nice articles . I also read your post and enjoy. Thanks for post.

12. Robert Smith Avatar

Loving the info on this website, you have done an outstanding job on the blog posts. Thank you so much

13. vector pond Avatar

Very nice blog…

14. KS.miller Avatar

You have publish a great infomation on your website. Thank you so much for sharing this. I am very happy to reading this.

15. Ella Patterson Avatar

Well described post. Thanks for sharing this useful information. As always awesome content, I love reading your articles, much appreciated!

16. clipping Avatar

hi, all of your posts are really amazing, I am being a big fan of yours.

17. Leo Avatar

Thanks, Beth for sharing a awesome blog with us. I appreciate your work.