Taking fashion to the next level: from two participants

Last week I discussed the Design Entrepreneurs NYC program just completed at FIT. This week I want to pass on feedback from two participants: one of the designers selected for a prize and one of the designers who showcased her products at the event.  Like all our participants, they put blood, sweat, and many sleepless nights of their lives into this program.

First up is Katerina Lankova, Founder and Designer at Stee-letas. She showcased her products at the DENYC closing event and told us: “Through the DENYC I have been able to explore the business of fashion beyond my comfort zone and formulate a clear picture about bringing the product– STEE-LETAS®– to the marketplace.  Seeing other designer’s work, and hearing the unique stories behind their creative process, was both inspiring, motivating and humbling. Ultimately, the most important benefit of the program was the sense of shared endeavor, the priceless connections, and the lasting friendships that resulted from it.  I am grateful for the opportunity that DENYC represents; I am already integrating the skills, insights and training that I obtained into my design aesthetic and my business practice.”

Katerina Lankova
www.stee-letas.com

Designer Jes Wade. Photo by Sergio Kurhajec.

www.jeswade.com

Best of luck to the two featured designers above and to all the great designers who participated in the DENYC program!!!

If you are interested in participating in the 2013 class of Design Entrepreneurs NYC, please note that the application process will launch in early 2013. For updates, please visit http://designentrepreneursnyc.com/.

For those of you interested in participating in the business of design, NYC Fashion Fellows is now taking applications.  NYC Fashion Fellows

Sandra Holtzman teaches CEO 035: Licensing.
She is the author of Lies Startups Tell Themselves to Avoid Marketing.