Judgement Day…Part 2

April 23, 2014 | By | Reply More

I want to start off this post by apologizing for not posting in a while…This guy has been hogging my computer!photo 5

Also, last week was our spring break…and after the crazy stress of finishing the collections and Pre-Judging, I insisted on literally sitting on my butt and doing nothing the entire time.  (Except for the small roadtrip I took!)

But since we’ve returned, this week has been a whirlwind of crazy chaos and emotions!  Monday was set up for judging day.  For me, this meant – Wake up, go to internship, leave internship, run to school put my outfit onto a mannequin, eat lunch in .5 seconds, and return to my internship!  BUT…when it was all set up, it looked AMAZING.  Below are some photos of us setting up! Although there were scheduled times for set up, other classes had not finished when we got there at our time so of course there was a lot of people everywhere!

photo 2-2

THe other Knitwear class had some great garments! But of course I’m a bit biased and think our class was THE BEST CLASS EVER!

photo 1-2

IN FACT…On judgement everyone except for three people in our class made it into the show!

BUT…before I talk anymore about that let’s back it up to the ACTUAL judgement day.  Everything was essentially out of our hands on Tuesday morning, but we sat in class wondering what was going on.  We knew the judges were upstairs examining every single garment in the great hall, and there was nothing we could do at that point but try to breathe knowing that our fates were sealed the second we put our garments onto the mannequins – it was completely out of our control at that point.  Of course then during the middle of the day we had a ceremony where we were given certificates of participation.  This was the first time we were allowed to go around and see everyone’s garments from other specializations.  There was some absolutely phenomenal work but like I said before, with a strong bias – I believe knitwear is and always will be…THE BEST.

After the certificate ceremony, we were again kept waiting for the rest of the afternoon.  Unfortunately at 6pm when the results were supposed to be posted – it wasn’t ready.  SO…MORE waiting.  This time nerves were SO HIGH. After the list was posted we jumped right into action – taking our garments down and putting them into garment bags and onto racks to be sent either to the show, or back home with those who didn’t make the cut.

photo 3-1Rochelle helps to put garments into clear bags while Anthony hangs his FABULOUS pants!

photo 4-2And that was it – in a matter of 30 minutes everything was packed away and the room was cleared.  In all the hustle and bustle I managed to get very few pictures for you – something that I truly regret – there was so much going on it was quite a sight!

Besides being a fashion design major, I’m a Presidential Scholar.  Today was our last meeting of the semester – and for me and my fellow seniors, it was the last meeting ever.  Although these people are not all fashion design majors – I felt it important to include because it is such a milestone in my school career.  (Plus this was one epic group “Selfie”) Everything is starting to feel SO REAL.  IT’S crazy.

photo-5

Tomorrow will be the model fittings and styling for the Fashion Show.  I can’t believe that it’s only one week away!  I feel so blessed to have had so many amazing experiences and learned so much throughout my career at FIT.  And now, there are so many opportunities down the road that I definitely wouldn’t have without FIT.

SO – I know that I haven’t posted many pictures of final garments on here…Keeping them a surprise until the fashion show.  BUT, I have a question for you….Do you believe me yet?  Isn’t knitting actually really really cool?  If you’re answer isn’t yes – wait until next week and you will be proven so wrong.

Until next time,

xoxo Morgan

Tags: , , ,