Daniel Matteo is a menswear designer whose work has spanned from Nicole Miller to his own clothing brand, Destino Vero. He is a graduate of the FIT Menswear Design program. Despite no previous apparel experience, he quickly moved to the top of his class and was hired by Nicole Miller while still attending FIT. For over 20 years, Dan made his way through every corner of the fashion industry – and the globe. He conquered design, merchandising, sourcing, and beyond for marquee brands and boutiques alike while learning from their successes and failures. Then after years of incubation, Dan launched his own clothing company and brand in 2012.
Daniel DeMatteo teaches the following FIT Precollege Classes:
HMW 157 Intro to Menswear Sewing
I take great pride in teaching the next generation of designers, tastemakers, and creatives. In my class I focus on the importance of sharpening the students’ skills, leading by example, and encouraging a strong work ethic while infusing a sharp attention to detail. I provide my students with a unique hands-on experience that parallels the fashion industry’s demands and helps to ensure future success.
- In 2012, Dan launched his own clothing company and brand, Destino Vero
- GQ Magazine-Bombay Sapphire exhibition, “New Designer of the Year” award ceremony
- Day for Night exhibition, Menswear design award
- Italian Trade Commission Exhibition award, Daniel was sent to study and work in Prato, Italy
- FIT Outstanding Menswear Student Achievement Award, Daniel was sent to study in Paris, France
Work by Daniel DeMatteo: