Missing class for a good reason

Hello guys!! Last week I did not go to class because I went to Washington D.C. over the weekend. I went to Washington D.C. for the March for Our Lives which was dedicated to ending gun violence. This was also a march in remembrance of all of the school shootings that have happened. The Parkland students did a great job organizing this march. The speeches were so inspirational. I made a video from the march.

Since I could not make my class last week I can not tell you what we did in the class, but I can tell you what I have done up to last week. My professor is Cornelia Hediger. The first day was an introduction to the class, we learned what we will be doing. We looked at the darkroom, the darkroom was very cool and there were many chemicals and machines in the room. Afterward, we took pictures of each other and also viewed photos showing different perspectives.

The second class was a lot of fun. We learned how to use our digital cameras in the class. One of the nice things about this class is that you do not have to have your own camera. FIT will provide you a camera if you do not have one. But we do need to bring an SD card for the camera. After learning the buttons on our camera we got to take pictures; we took pictures inside of each other and pictures outside of buildings and people. Here is one picture I took outside.

a picture I took from the class

I like this picture a lot because the building is on a corner and the colors really pop. For homework, we had to present the 10 photos we took that we liked the most.

In the third class, we presented the photos. Afterward, we got to use the film camera. The film cameras were so cool. All you need is film, but you can also bring your own film camera if you have one. Using a film camera vs. a digital camera is so different. You cannot go back and delete a photo on film and you also cannot view the photo either which is annoying, but it gets you curious about how the photo will turn out.

So far I LOVE this class. I have learned so much in the 3 classes. I can’t wait to go in the darkroom and process the photos. Anyways, see you guys in a flash.

~Cindy Beal