Be your own Motivation

Processed with VSCO with a4 preset

What motivates you to get out of bed in the morning? Is it knowing that you have a party later where you can show off your new top? That your parents promised you your favorite meal for dinner? Or that you just have a good feeling about the day you are about to embark on? For me, it is success, knowing that if I don’t get up and start my day, I will get no where and accomplish nothing. Whether it be passing a big test or achieving my life goals, I get up and just do. As a sophomore in high school and getting my foot in the door to college, I have woken up extra motivated lately, having the opportunity to start thinking about how I will make it big and display my strive for success.

For me, the only way I believe I can carry out my dreams is doing what I love. So I look at my second inspiration, fashion. This is what brought me to FIT and what made me stay. The Precollege programs have allowed me to develop new skills and a new outlook that will shape my future in the fashion industry. I can not imagine myself anywhere else and the opportunities that have risen from my time here are very valuable. I also can not picture myself working anywhere but in fashion. Like many others, I hope to one day become a successful employee of a major company, and maybe even boss of my own company, and there is no way I can get to that level of achievement without my friends, family and FIT. Especially not without my incentive to get up and trek through the adventure leading me down the path to that fulfillment.

When employers and clients look at your past and see all the great things you have done in preparation for what you are about to pursue, they are made to believe you must have a strong passion for what you do, otherwise what are you doing here. Personally, I hope one day someone will notice not only that I took my preparation very seriously but that they see the time I took away from my weekends to spend in a classroom here at FIT and why I did so. Also that it was not because someone was forcing me, not because I was bored and wanted something to do, but because I wanted to be there. I want to be swallowed up by the culture of the city and FIT, and that I love what I do and have loved it for a very long time. So if it is something like fashion or success that motivates you why not start now, find something like the Precollege Programs at FIT to begin early and get ahead of the game. Along the way do not forget to get up and start your day with intention. Be your own motivation, be your own success, and be your own ambition until it becomes a habit.

-Faith