Introducing Precollege Blogger: Hannah

Processed with VSCO with b1 preset
Processed with VSCO with b1 preset

Hello FIT! My name is Hannah Zwick and I’m a high school junior from Long Island, which is just about as exciting as it sounds. My hobbies include (but are not limited to) watching Parks & Rec while eating frozen yogurt and rapping the entirety of Hamilton the Musical verbatim. Alternatively, I love fashion and everything about it- the creativity it allows and just how many elements there are within its crazy world. Right now at school I’m doing an independent study on the psychology of fashion, which has been incredibly interesting to research and even more fun to write about. Ever since elementary school I’ve adored writing (at that time it was mainly poetry, I was a pretty pretentious eight-year-old) and at this point in my life it’s what I’m looking to do with my future. That’s why I’m taking fashion journalism this spring- it combines my two favorite things (besides the previously noted Hamilton) and will hopefully further my interest in a career as a fashion writer/magazine editor.

I’m very glad that nowhere in the blogger application was I asked to “describe my style in 5 words”, because I’m truly awful at it. I would’ve stumbled over the question for a few minutes before begrudgingly typing something like “60s, tomboy, denim, French, cool?” and this is only because that’s what I imagine Alexa Chung would’ve said. If you were to ask my friends/classmates that same question they probably would’ve said “hipster!” five times (if I had a nickel…) Besides that, I’m constantly being told my style is “unique”, but that’s because everyone on Long Island dresses the same! I’m not knocking that look, but seeing Uggs folded with precision over leggings can get so boring! Personal style is a weird concept because anyone with ‘good’ style is just swiping ideas from other people. Alexa Chung is my gospel, along with her predecessors Jane Birkin and Françoise Hardy. The rest of my look is stolen from music and movies; which are, as far as I’m concerned, the secret to shaping any aspect of your life. That’s why blogging is so exciting, I have access to everything that inspires me at the tap of a button, which I can then further share with my own additional witty commentary! I’m excited to hopefully do exactly that for you: fellow pre-college students, thanks for reading!