Memorable Last Day

image (3)Well believe it or not, it is time for my Precollege class to end! My time at FIT has been short but sweet and I already signed up for my next class in the spring. My last day in NYC was full of surprises in and outside of the classroom, proving once again how glad I am to have taken this class.

My last Precollege class day began with my friend forcing me to try out for a Brandy Melville (my favorite clothing brand) open call audition that was just a few blocks away. I was hesitant to go at first, but looking back I am so glad I did. I had the privilege of meeting my favorite model, Scarlett Leithold, who I have blogged about previously. Unfortunately I was so excited about the meeting that I proceeded to leave my driver’s license in a taxi! Fortunately a wonderful human being found it, tracked me down on Instagram, and has offered to mail it back. Bless you and Merry Christmas!

When I got to FIT, I presented my final project, a Gigi Hadid-inspired mood board, and was able to see everyone else’s hard work. It was a privilege to get to see the talent of the students and the effort that they put into their work. Afterwards, our professor served us pizza to celebrate the end of class—yeah! Finally the dreaded moment came and I had to say goodbye to all of the friends I have made, but I am sure that we will see each other very soon.

I met up with my best friend from a previous FIT Precollege class to go to dinner. We took an Uber car, which is like a taxi but an actual car and the car’s owner picks you up. Our driver was one of the funniest people I have ever met and he spontaneously decided to drive us around the outside of Rockefeller Center to see the tree. It was another beautiful NYC night.

As I boarded the train home, I recalled my ride last week when the train was full of Santas all coming from SantaCon. There were people lining the train car and no empty seats left to be filled. As the train became more packed, one man dressed as Santa decided to yell “who wants to sit on Santa’s lap!” and was quickly escorted off of the train.  As I rode home on the train after my last class, no longer surrounded by one hundred Santas, I thought to myself how grateful I am to have taken this class and how many memories I will keep with me forever.

So, to all my future friends interested in fashion of any form, I hope you have learned a thing or two from reading my blog. Even if that one thing is that high heels in Penn Station are never a good idea.

image   image (5)image (8)

Comments

One response to “Memorable Last Day”

1. Robert Smith Avatar

Yeah.. Carry on and work properly until you succeed. If you work hard, you must reached to your destiny.